What’s in a name? For a restaurant, it could be a lot. Having a memorable name can create a strong impression with potential customers – making them more likely to want to visit your establishment.
There are many different ways that an entrepreneur can choose to name their restaurant – such as by focusing on location, a family name, or simply something that sounds nice to them. But there is another route: getting creative!
A funny, smart, or even punny restaurant name can be worth its weight in gold. Not only will seeing your name put a smile on customers’ faces, having a creative restaurant name can make it easier to develop a strong marketing campaign.
With Budget Branders, you can extend your branding efforts beyond signs and advertisements to the very products that you use to serve your customers. We offer a full range of custom disposable products, each of which can be printed with your restaurant name, logo, and/or slogan.
Need some inspiration for your restaurant name? Read on for our list of the best and most creative Mexican and Spanish restaurant names!
Save Time Coming Up With A Name Using Our Free Restaurant Name Generator
If you’d like help coming up with a name for your Mexican or Spanish restaurant, Budget Branders has created just the tool for you. We have a restaurant name generator tool that you can use at no cost. Our tool asks you to input some information about the restaurant you’re starting and then it generates name ideas for you. You can continue to generate ideas until you find a restaurant name you like.
200+ Creative Mexican Restaurant Names
Americans LOVE Mexican food – or our version of it! In fact, there are more Mexican restaurants in the United States than Italian restaurants, chicken rotisseries, seafood restaurants, or Chinese spots. The popularity of Mexican restaurants isn’t limited to areas of the country with a significant Mexican community – this cuisine is popular throughout the nation!
With so many Mexican restaurants in the U.S., it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. One way to do so is through a creative restaurant name!
Mexican Restaurant Names With Cultural References
- Tequila Mockingbird (a reference to the book, To Kill A Mockingbird)
- El Speedy Gonzalez
- Nacho Libre
- The Chicken Brothers (a reference to Los Pollos Hermanos – the fictional Mexican restaurant from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul!)
- Got Guac? (a reference to the popular got milk campaign)
- Full Metal Tacos (a reference to the movie Full Metal Jacket)
- La Cucaracha ( a reference to the song by the same title)
- Don Julio
Mexican Restaurant Names With Puns
- Juan in a Million
- Taco ‘Bout It
- Nacho Average Taco
- Nacho Queso
- Chip Dip Hooray!
- Taco to Me
- Nacho Daddy
- Tacontento (combination of taco and content)
- SpecTACOlar Eats
- TLC (Tomato, Lime, Coriander)
- Tacos 9 Juan Juan
Mexican Restaurant Names With Rhyming & Alliteration
- Burrito Bandidos
- Local Lime
- Burrito Boyz
- Holy Guacamole
- The Burrito Beat
- Burrito Bone
- Taco Town
- Burrito Bandits
- Burrito Boys
- Pollo Pals
- Chalupa Champions
- Queen Quesadilla
- Fajita Friends
- Meat and Eat
- Tipsy Tacos
- Taco Talk
- The Angry Avocado
- Pollo Palace
- Breaking Bad Burritos
- Sunburn Siesta
- Bueno, Bonito y Barato (translates to good, pretty, and cheap)
Mexican Restaurant Names Based On Food
- One Taco Dos Tequilas
- Guacamole Brothers
- Casa de Queso
- Frijoles Picantes
- El Pollo Loco
- Top Your Tacos
- Make Tacos Not War
- Queso Fresco
- Tortilla Street
- Ready, Set, Taco!
- All Hail the Burrito
- Guac Attack!
- The Burrito Project
- Guac On!
- Say Burrito!
- Gringo Taco Company
- Macho Tacos
- Taco Truckin’
- Tortilla Garden
- Burrito Villa
- Salsa Sunrise
- The Tomato Lounge
- Hot Tamales
- Taco Time
- Beans N’ Rice
- Tia Salsa
- The Salsa Club
- The Tasty Enchilada
- Super Salsa
- The Churro Expert
- Fajita Hour
- Mucho Mucho Burrito
- Loco for Taco
- The Taco Scheme
- Burrito Country
- Burrito Palace
- Burrito Island
- Taco Train
- Furious Tamales
- Tamale Hut
- Taco Feast
- Cilantro ‘N Onions
- The Refined Burrito
- Burrito Limbo
- Taco Cabana
- Furious Tacos
- The Last Burrito
- Burrito Time
- Queso Palace
- Salsa Street Grill
- Taco Vibes
- Taco Now!
- Taco Fury
- Tortilla Munchies
- Tortilla Baby
- Street Beans
- Divine Burrito
- Lord Nacho
- Arroz y Frijoles
- Happy Salsa
- Urban Fajitas
- Enchilada Nation
- El Rancho Jalapeño
- Daily Sopapilla
- Mi Queso Es Su Queso
- Burrito Banter
- Churro Bureau
- The Nacho Cove
- Surely Guacamole
- Mole Zone
- Taco Your Way
- Burrito Bowl You Over
- Viva La Tortilla
- Los Gatos Tacos
- Imperial Fajitas
- Tasty Tostadas
- Salsa Feast
- No Solo Nachos
- Guacamole Cafe
Other Creative Mexican Restaurant Names
- Uno Mas Taquiza
- The Little Chihuahua
- The Golden Mexican
- ¡Olé, Olé, Olé!
- Uño, Dos, Tequila
- Hola Comida!
- Adobo Connect
- Cancun Eats
- Cancun Corner
- El Mercado (translates to the market)
- The Tequila Leaf
- The Aztec Chef
- Coyote Grande
- Aztec Del Sol
- Cafe El Jardin (translates to the garden cafe)
- Casa Latina
- Las Tres Vientos (translates to the three winds)
- Salud De Mexico (translates to Mexican health)
- El Cardenal Roja (translates to the red cardinal)
- Maya Coyote
- Fiesta Mariscos (translates to seafood party)
- Cabanas and Tostadas
- Masked Chihuahua
- Sombrero Plaza
- Mi Corazón (translates to my heart)
- Cactus Street Corner
- Sangria Fiesta
- El Mirage
- Bigotes y Sombreros (translates to mustaches and hats)
- Cocina Cancún
- El Plato Caliente (translates to the hot plate)
- Mayan Icon
- Mad for Mexican
- Su Vecindario Restaurante (translates to your neighborhood restaurant)
- The Southern Patio
- Wrap ‘Em Up!
- Southern Bites
- Los Favoritos De La Abuela (translates to Grandma’s favorites)
- El Plato Delicioso (translates to delicious plate)
- Cocina Del Tio (translates to Uncle’s Kitchen)
- La Mesa
- La Casa de mi Abuela (translates to Grandma’s house)
- El Botín (translates to the loot)
- El Torero (translates to bull fighter)
- La Cocina de Mamà (translates to mom’s kitchen)
- El Placer (translates to pleasure)
- La Casa de los Sabores (translates to the house of flavors)
- La Taberna (translates to the bar)
- El Pescador (translates to the fisherman)
- Sabores Ancianos (translates to ancient flavors)
- La Olla (translates to the pot)
- Las Arroceras (translates to the rice cookers)
- El Molino de Harina (translates to the flour mill)
- El Ermitaño (translates to the hermit)
- En el Horno (translates to in the oven
- El Viejo Restaurante (translates to the old restaurant)
- Madre Tierra (translates to Mother Earth)
- La Cuchara de la Abuela (translates to grandma’s spoon)
- El Jardín de los Sabores (translates to the garden of flavors)
- El Jardín de los Encantos (translates to the garden of enchantments)
- Sabores de México (translates to flavors of Mexico)
- Mexican Bite
- Broken Spanish
- On The Border
- La Parrilla (translates to the grill)
- Más Tequila
- Unos Tras Otro (translates to one after another)
- Dos Pesos
- Toro Bravo (translates to angry bull)
Keep in mind that when you pick a name for your Mexican restaurant, it shouldn’t be offensive – in either English or Spanish! Try to avoid anything that could be construed as racist or problematic. After all, you want to get attention for your business – not start a boycott.
20+ Creative Spanish Restaurant Names
Spanish restaurants aren’t nearly as popular in the U.S. as Mexican restaurants – but they still are a favorite across the nation. Both fine-dining establishments and traditional Spanish tapas bars can be found in many cities and towns. If you’re opening up a Spanish restaurant in your community, here are some great name ideas to get you started:
Spanish Restaurant Names With Puns
- Me Goose-Ta (a play on the Spanish phrase “me gusta,” which means “I like”)
- El El Frijoles (a play on L.L. Bean in Spanish)
Spanish Restaurant Names Based On Food
- Jamón y Tapas (translation: ham and tapas)
- Gazpacho Party
- Paella Street
- Paella Desire
- Sweet Skewer
- ¡Tapas! ¡Tapas!
- Tapa Toro
- Tapas Boulevard
Other Creative Spanish Restaurant Names
- El Toro (translation: the bull)
- Mucho (translation: too much)
- ¡Coma y Beba! (translation: eat and drink)
- Viejo Madrid
- Sabores de España
- The Iberian Pig
- Cuchillo y Tenedor (translation: knife and fork)
- El Antojo (translation: craving)
- El Encanto (translation: the charm. As an added bonus, this restaurant name may draw fans of Disney’s Encanto!)
- El Gallo y La Luna (translation: the rooster and the moon)
- The Local Spaniard
Because there are fewer Spanish restaurants in the U.S., you have a lot more options when it comes to picking a creative name.
What Should You Take into Consideration When Picking a Creative Restaurant Name?
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by the idea of choosing a restaurant name that is catchy or creative in some way, take a moment to strategize before getting started. Write down – or pull up your restaurant’s mission, vision, or values. This should always guide your decisions when it comes to names, slogans, or logos.
Think about the personality and vibe of your restaurant, the type of cuisine that you’ll be serving, or any particular goals that you may have (such as an authentic experience). You should also consider factors such as the ingredients that you use the most, your location, and any adjectives that you may use to describe your restaurant.
Before you settle on a name, make sure that it isn’t already taken. In addition to potential copyright or trademark issues, you want to avoid confusing customers. Do a few internet searches to find out if another business is using the name that you are considering.
If you’re still stuck, try using a restaurant name generator. While some of the options may be silly or completely unusable, they might get your creative juices flowing. It might also give you a jumping off point for coming up with a name of your own.
Remember that the best restaurant names often have a story behind them. If you can incorporate something cool or interesting about you, the business, or even the building where you are located, so much the better. This backstory can be a great marketing tool.
Finally, be mindful of how your restaurant name will come across in print, advertising, and even when customers say it. If you choose something that is hard to pronounce or that people don’t understand, it may not serve your ultimate goal of getting people talking about (and visiting!) your establishment.
Ready to Get Started? Reach Out Today.
Picking a restaurant name can be a daunting task. Once you have settled on a name that you love, the next step is to make sure that everyone knows about it. One great way to do that is with branded cups, bowls, bags, and more.
Budget Branders offers custom-branded disposable products at prices that work for small and medium-sized restaurants. All of our products are sold in quantities that make sense for independently-owned restaurants. We’ll even hold onto some of your product for you if you don’t have the storage space!
To learn more, submit a contact form or a quote request for one or more of our products. Our branding experts are always available to answer questions. Simply press the live chat button to get started.