Random Restaurant Generator
You've reached your limit of 10 generations.
Share The Generator With Friends
What Is The Random Restaurant Generator?
Budget Branders’ random restaurant generator (also known as the where to eat generator or the random restaurant picker) is a unique and fun tool for deciding where you want to eat out. The generator will use the inputs you provide to randomly select a restaurant nearby that meets your criteria.
The generator will take your search location into account along with any specific types of food you’re in the mood for, the budget you’re working with, and the distance you’re willing to drive. The generator will provide the Yelp profile for the restaurant, so that you can view information and reviews before deciding to try out the restaurant. The tool is completely free to use and always will be. You can use the generator as many times as you like.
This tool is also designed to be completely random and unbiased. Budget Branders has not partnered with any restaurants and our random algorithm is not designed to favor any particular restaurants.
Why Is It So Hard To Decide Where To Eat?
Having options is good, but having too many options can be overwhelming. This phenomenon (known as choice overload) can lead to difficulty making a decision, decreased satisfaction and lower confidence in our choice, and a higher probability of regretting our decision.
The pandemic did decrease our options and forced many restaurants to shut down. However, there are still plenty of dining options available to us. In addition to having an abundance of options, you know that you’ll have to find something to eat at whatever restaurant you pick and you want that something to be good. When you combine a surplus of options with the pressure to pick a good one, making a decision becomes far more difficult – even if it’s a trivial decision like your next meal.
How Could The Random Restaurant Generator Help You?
Decision fatigue is a very real thing. For those not familiar with the term, decision fatigue centers around the idea that your ability to make good decisions decreases with each decision you make on any given day. It’s estimated that the average person makes a whopping 35,000 decisions each day. Every decision made takes time and energy from us, which can leave us completely depleted at the end of the day.
One of the most difficult decisions each of us faces every day: what do I want to eat? It’s a question we have to answer for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Studies have found that the average American spends 132 hours a year deciding what and where to eat. To make matters worse, additional stress can be added to the decision making process when more than one person is involved. Surveys show that 37% of all couples regularly have a hard time agreeing on where to eat. These meal disagreements can often take an average of 2 hours and 32 minutes each week to resolve.
When it comes to deciding where and what to eat, it’s easy to get into a rut. When you need to decide your next meal, you might find yourself:
- Skipping meals to avoid making a decision
- Regularly transferring the decision to a loved one or friend
- Going back to the same restaurant over and over again?
If any of the above apply to you, then this tool could really help you. However, the generator could offer help to just about anyone and everyone that dines out on occasion.
Our random restaurant generator can save you stress, time, and mental energy by making the decision on where to eat for you. You’ll no longer have to think about where you might want to go for a good meal – that answer is just a button click away. The generator also helps resolve disputes between couples, family members, and friends, because it’s a neutral third party.
Surveys show that 8% of Americans dine out multiple times a week, 14% dine out once a week, and 17% dine out multiple times a month. This tool could be regularly used to save hours of time given how frequently Americans dine out. You’ll be able to spend more time enjoying your meal and less time deciding what your meal will actually be.
Tips For Using The Restaurant Generator
Our where to eat generator will provide quality results for you if you provide it with quality inputs. Below are a few tips for using the tool to generate a random place to eat.
- The generator will generate restaurants based on your input. Looking for a specific type of food, like vegan food or Chinese food? Make sure to input the type in the type input box.
- Not happy with the restaurant that was generated? There’s no limit on how many times you can hit the generate button. Continue to hit generate until you get a restaurant that catches your eye.
- Cycling through a small handful of restaurants each time you generate? We can only pick restaurants from the list of restaurants available that meet your criteria. If variety is low, you can get more suggestions by increasing your max driving distance, picking a broader food category, or removing the type of food category altogether.
- This tool was designed with your budget in mind. Cheap is selected by default, which works for most occasions. Planning somewhere to eat for a special occasion like an anniversary, fancy date night, or birthday celebration? You can switch to the expensive category to be served higher-end restaurants.
It’s important to note that this tool will pick a random restaurant to dine at and will not generate meals to cook at home. It won’t answer questions like:
- What should I cook tonight?
- What food do I want to eat?
- What kind of recipe should I make tonight?
Instead, this tool could answer questions like:
- Can you pick a restaurant for me?
- Where should I get food?
- Where should I eat dinner?
- Where should I eat breakfast?
- Where should I eat lunch?
Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be able to use the generator to find exactly where you want to eat today.
More Free Useful Tools From Budget Branders
Our restaurant randomizer isn’t the only free tool or resource that Budget Branders offers. You can find more free resources and tools below: